MBBS In New Zealand
New Zealand is an island country of Oceania which consists of two landmasses- the North Island and the South Island. The country has a varied topography with mountain peaks and volcanoes. The capital city of New Zealand is Wellington and its most populous city is Auckland. The currency of New Zealand is New Zealand Dollar. It is a developed country with a stable economy.
Study MBBS in New Zealand
New Zealand is a small and peaceful yet very developed country. The curriculum of the medical course is updated to recent times and unique methodology is used to teach the students.
The colleges in New Zealand are recognized by all the Medical Organizations of the world like WHO, NMC. Medical students get a lot of exposure in New Zealand during the span of the course.
Why choose MBBS in New Zealand?
- Universities in New Zealand are well structured and provide all the facilities to its students.
- The quality of education provided is also very good with updated curriculum relevant with recent times.
- The course is taught in English language which helps the students to work in most of the countries without language barrier.
- The MBBS degree from New Zealand is accepted globally.
- New Zealand is one of the safest countries to pursue MBBS as the crime rate is really low.
Eligibility for Indian students in New Zealand
- The minimum age of the student should be 17 years.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 75% marks in 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology compulsorily.
- Student must have cleared NEET exam with good marks.
- Students have to appear and clear UMAT.
- Students also have to score 7 in IELTS or TOEFL to prove their English proficiency.
How can you get admission in New Zealand?
1. You have to first check that you match all the eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS in New Zealand.
2. You must then appear and clear the entrance exam UMAT to get enrolled in the medical colleges in New Zealand.
3. Like many other countries, the medical colleges in New Zealand also require a score card of the IELTS as a proof for the candidate’s English proficiency. So, appear and clear this exam as well.
4. After you have attained all the required documents, complete the online application process through the UCAS portal.
5. Pay the application fees to complete the procedure.
6. After you have applied and received a confirmation from the college about acceptance make sure to fetch the Letter of Invitation from the college.
7. Apply for student’s visa to enter the country.
Required documents for MBBS admission in New Zealand
- Mark sheets of class 10 and class 12 and its attested copies
- Invitation Letter
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of Financial Funds
- Student Visa
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Birth Certificate
- NEET score card
- UMAT certificate
- Identity Proof
MBBS course is of 6 years in total which includes 1 year of internship program.
Food and accommodation
Some universities provide on campus accommodation to its students which include all the other facilities with an extra charge. However, if a student wishes to live outside the campus the cost of accommodation comparatively decreases.
Scholarships offered to Indian students
- New Zealand Excellence Award
- TWJ Johnson Scholarship in Clinical Medicine
- University of Auckland- International Student Scholarship
- University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
Steps to apply for New Zealand student’s visa
The steps to apply for a student’s visa are:-
1. Gather all the necessary documents to apply for the visa-
• Letter of Invitation from the college.
• Bank statement to prove financial stability.
• A valid passport.
• Passport sized photographs.
• Documents mentioning about the trip and accommodation in details.
• Doctor’s certificate proving no physical ailments.
2. Submit the online visa application and get the application number.
3. Pay the visa fees.
4. After you have paid the fees you will receive an email mentioning the date and time for the interview.
5. If your documents and details are approved during the interview, you will be issued a visa within 6 weeks.
TOP MBBS UNIVERSITIES IN NEW ZEALAND
|University Of Otago||17,39,777||September|
|University Of Auckland||37,97,999||December|